Why do charging stations come in different power levels and which one should I get?
July 30, 2021
Stations come in different power levels to better suit your situation both from an electrical panel capacity side to manage installation costs as well as how quickly you need to charge your vehicle.
- Requires 20A circuit
- Adds 12 miles per hour of charging
- Requires 40A circuit
- Similar to clothes dryer circuit
- Adds 25 miles per hour of charging
40 Amp, 48 Amp, and higher
- Requires 50 A or larger circuit
- May require panel upgrades
- Adds 30+ miles per hour of charging